Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, September 19, 2016

Get Ready for Paint Sedona Plein Air Painting Workshops!

Painting the Red Rocks of Sedona

If you've been following my blog, you'll have read nine rather long posts on my experience at the Grand Canyon Celebration of Art.*  I wanted to give you a feeling for what's it like to participate in a world-class event like that.  I hope you enjoyed them.

Now I want to tell you about another great plein air painting experience, my Paint Sedona plein air painting workshops.  Limited to four students, each four-day workshop runs 9-1, giving you time in the afternoon to either paint on your own or to explore the area with family and friends.  Each day will start off with a brief talk in the studio to get you started, followed by an excursion to the field where I'll demonstrate and then you will paint.   For the more advanced weeks, as noted on the schedule, I will present different topics or customize the workshop to your needs.

You can't go wrong in Sedona.  It's got some of the country's best Southwestern scenery including the famous red rocks, as well as creeks, sycamore and cottonwood trees, and more.  In one of the workshops, Exploring the Verde Valley, we'll go a little farther afield to places like the historic mining town of Jerome.

The workshop is only $300.  But I'm also offering a package deal that includes lodging at our studio for only $600.  Lodging is very limited, so you will want to sign up soon.  Workshops are scheduled from mid-October through next April.

You can get full details at www.PaintSedona.com.  I hope you'll join us!



*If you haven't been following my blog, you can read about the event, in reverse chronological order, here.