Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Paintings for Argosy Gallery...and More!

Beehive from Sand Beach
6x8 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson

The opening of my show at Argosy Gallery in Bar Harbor was a great success!  As you might imagine, hearing that it just about sold out made me very happy.   Following the event, the gallery  asked me to paint a few more, which I was happy to do.  With that in mind, here are the next half-dozen 6x8 oils, which I will be delivering this Wednesday, July 20.  (One is above.) As a reminder, these paintings celebrate the 100th anniversary of Acadia National Park, and they make great reminders of our nation's natural beauty.

Acadian Meadow

Another Acadian Sunset

Otter Cliff Backlit

Quiet Wave

Sand Beach Wave


All are available through: The Argosy Gallery, 110 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609 / (207) 288-9226 / info@argosygallery.com

Wednesday is also the day I'll be heading to Castine, Maine, for the Castine Plein Air Festival.  This is my fourth time at the event, and I always enjoy it.  During the Festival, the Maine Maritime Academy is out of session, so town is pretty quiet, and there is plenty of parking for both painters and patrons.  The event runs from July 21-23, Thursday through Saturday, with a grand show and sale on Saturday evening.  I hope I'll see you around town during this three-day event.  For full details: http://www.castinearts.org/plein-air-festival/

Finally, we've had a recent cancellation for one of our package workshops.  For $800, you get five nights lodging plus my four-day Plein Air Painting Maine workshop, all based in Lubec at Artists Retreat Studios and Gallery.  The workshop dates are August 2-5, with arrival on Monday, August 1, and departure on Saturday, August 6.  (There is a chance you come earlier.)  If you're interested, please let me know right away.

That's all for now.  Stay tuned for my Castine Plein Air Festival report, coming later this week!