Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Onward to Tacoma and Gig Harbor, Washington

Storm over the Jemez Mountains in New Mexico
One reason I love New Mexico:  Clouds!

I've left Santa Fe, and early tomorrow morning, I'll be leaving New Mexico.  I'm flying to Tacoma, where I'll be teaching a three-day oil and pastel studio workshop (with the possibility of plein air, weather permitting) and then giving awards at the Northwest Pastel Society's annual international open exhibition.  I am honored that the society selected me to be both the juror of selection, the judge of awards and also the teacher for this premium event.

It was a difficult task selecting work for the exhibition, as there were so many excellent paintings.  It's going to be a great show, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the works I selected in person.  I'm also looking forward to meeting all the artists and the public at the reception, which will be Saturday, May 9, from 2-4 pm at the American Art Company, 1126 Broadway Plaza, Tacoma.

There are still a couple of spaces left in my workshop.  The workshop is three days, May 6-8 (Wed-Fri), and will be held at the studio of one of the NPS members in Gig Harbor.  For full details on the workshop, the reception and the exhibition, please visit:

http://nwps.org

I'm really excited about this workshop, as this will be my first time in the Pacific Northwest, and I hear that Gig Harbor is beautiful.

With that, I leave you with another image of New Mexico!  Goodbye, New Mexico - the Pacific Northwest awaits!

A Classic Northern New Mexico Landscape (near Cerrillos)