Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, November 10, 2014

My Paintings from Albert Handell Mentoring Workshop

Although Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) has ended, you can still find
a few artifacts here and there in Sedona.  I'm especially amused by the fellow on the right.
This has little to do with the workshop, other than I found them in the Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts
Village while looking for a painting spot.

I promised I'd post some of the paintings I made during Albert Handell's mentoring workshop last week.  I averaged one or two a day, depending on time and energy level.  I made a special attempt to put into practice some of the things he suggested and demonstrated to me during the week.  As he made his rounds to students, he always took the time to make personal suggestions, which I found very helpful.  In all but one of my paintings, Albert added a stroke or two - a darker accent, a lighter accent, richer paint, or thicker paint.

Without further ado, here they are.

City of Red Rocks 9x12 oil

Location shot for above.

This one didn't make the cut, but I'm surprised at how accurate
the drawing of the mountains is.

Coming Storm 9x12 oil

Evening Light, 11x14 oil

My Secret Spot, 12x18 pastel

Twisted Cottonwood, 16x12 oil