Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Featured Artist in The Artist's Magazine - and the Castine Plein Air Festival

Michael Chesley Johnson, Featured in September 2013 Issue of The Artist's Magazine

I received my subscription copy of the September 2013 issue of The Artist's Magazine, and lo, and behold!  There on page 20 was a feature article on me:  "Poetry of Earth."

Yes, I do write for the magazine, but not every writer who is also an artist gets to be featured.  I feel honored and special to have the magazine focus on me and my work out of the thousands of other excellent artists it could have featured instead.

The article includes several of my paintings and an oil demonstration.  (On the magazine's website, you can also see a pastel demonstration that I created for the article.)  And if you've ever wondered how I got started in painting or about my background, that's all there, too.

On another note, the 2013 Castine Plein Air Festival is coming up this weekend.  It's a one-day event - Saturday, July 27th - and I'm looking forward to painting this historic, seaside hamlet.  Some 30+ artists will be there, so it should be a fun and entertaining event.  I also understand that some of the historic buildings will be open to the public that day.  Finally, the event will culminate with a public show and sale at the Maine Maritime Academy at 6 pm.  Saturday evening.  I don't think I'll have time to post to my blog during the day, so look for a post most likely on Sunday.

See you there!