Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Friday, February 10, 2012

Upcoming Workshops - View Arts, Old Forge, New York





May 15-17, 2012: NEW YORK, Old Forge.  Oil Only.   Price:  $350/$325 members. Contact: View Arts, (315) 369-6411, bgetty@viewarts.org , www.viewarts.org

This will be my second time teaching in Old Forge.  Old Forge sits in the central Adirondack Mountains of New York, and it's a beautiful spot with ponds, trails and trees.  In mid-May, we should have some good spring foliage.  Bring a tube of permanent green light!

The workshop is for oil only.  We'll spend a little time in the studio each morning going over plein air basics, where I'll also go over my gear and materials.  Afterward, we'll head out to some of my favorites spots where I'll give a full demonstration.  During the demonstration, I'll show you how to capture the moment quickly and efficiently but without sacrificing mood and magic.    We'll talk about abstracting and simplifying the landscape; how to make the most use of value and color; and how to finish a painting.  Next, you'll get to paint!  I'll go from easel to easel offering help.  Time permitting, we'll do critiques at the end of the day or, if not, the following morning.

I hope you'll join us!

(Click here if you'd like to see my full workshop schedule.)