Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sedona Plein Air Festival 2011

"One Way" 9x12, oil (Jerome, Arizona) - sold

Now that we're finally back in Arizona for the winter and we're almost settled in, I thought I'd take a moment to remind everyone about the Sedona Plein Air Festival, which starts next Saturday.  It's hard to believe this is my sixth year as an invited artist!  Every year is different - different artists, and certainly different weather - so I'm looking forward to participating.  (Above is one of my paintings from last year.)

You can find a full schedule of events here, but here's a brief summary:
  • Saturday, Oct 22, 1:30 - 4.  Main Street Paint Out.  All the artists will be painting on Main Street in Uptown.  I'll be there, of course, so come by and say hello!
  • Saturday, Oct 22, 4:30 - 5:30.  Main Street Paint Out Sale.  If you liked the piece I painted on Main Street, this is your chance to buy it!
  • Saturday - Tuesday:  Open Painting Days.  Artists can paint wherever they wish in the Sedona area.  We'll be either calling or texting in our locations so you can find us.
  • Wednesday, Oct 26, 8 - 3.  Paint Jerome Day.  I'll be with the other artists painting in historic Jerome.  You never know what will happen this day - one year we had snow squalls!
  • Thursday, Oct 27, 10 - 12.  Quick Draw.  Once again, the artists will gather at Los Abrigados (next to Tlaquepaque) for a public display. The work we do in two hours will have to be framed and on the easel for judging by 12:30.  
  • Thursday, Oct 27, 12:30-1:30.  Quick Draw Sale. If you liked my Quick Draw piece, this is the chance to buy it!
  • Friday, Oct 28, 5-7.  Art Lovers' Gala & Sale.  This is the exclusive opening for the final exhibit.  Tickets are $100 each, but it's your opportunity to get first dibs on some really great art.  (Tickets are $75 now until Oct 22.)   I'll be standing by my work to talk about the week.  I hope you'll join us.  Catering is by the excellent restaurant Rene.
  • Saturday, Oct 29, 10-3.  Public Sale.  Whatever didn't sell the night before at the Gala will be available to the general public.  Artists will also have extra plein air work for you to consider, so don't despair if you didn't make the Gala.  I'll be there again, happy to chat with you about my work, my workshops and life here in Sedona and on Campobello Island.
To whet your appetite, I include some photos from last year below.  Hope to see you next week!

Me Painting at Slide Rock

Main Street Sale 

Cody Delong

Joshua Been

Me at a Remote Spot

Quick Draw Sale