Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Scottsdale Artists' School Workshop in January

Tumacacori Jacal, 9x12, oil (sold)

As we work our way west across the country to Arizona for our winter Paint Sedona workshops, I thought I'd remind everyone about an upcoming workshop I have with Scottsdale Artists' School January 23-26, 2012.   For this workshop, I'll show you how to strip your gear down to a minimum and to get the most out of plein air painting.  Although the workshop is called "Backpacker Painting," we won't be backpacking - but having a backpack will help!  I believe all your gear should fit easily in one bag.  Also, I'll be showing you my method for "capturing the moment" quickly and efficiently but without sacrificing mood or magic.

The workshop will be based near Tubac, Arizona.  We'll be painting the scenery, both natural and historic, in the area.  Tubac is a  nice little art town with good galleries and historic buildings.  Some options include the Tubac Presidio Historic State Park and the mission at Tumacacori National Historic Park. I've included a few photos below to whet your appetite.

The workshop is for every level of student.  I'll be working in both oil and pastel, but you can work in whatever medium you wish.  Price for the four full days is $485.   For more details and to register, please go to:

http://reg129.imperisoft.com/SAS/ProgramDetail/34323639/Registration.aspx

Tubac Catholic Church

Historic Tubac

Tubac Pot Shop

Tubac Shop

Tumacacori Bar (great pool table!)

Tumacacori Mission Bell Tower

Tumacacori Mission Cemetary

Tumacacori Mission Grounds