Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, December 6, 2010

Tubac Workshop



Tubac sketch, 9x12, pastel

I thought I'd mention a three-day workshop I'm teaching in the southern part of Arizona this winter. I'll be teaching in historic Tubac January 19-21 (Wednesday-Friday). We still have openings left, so if you're interested, contact Kathy Reyes at gallery@losreyes.com. Price of the workshop is only $180. This plein air workshop is suitable for all levels and all media. I'll be working in oil and pastel.

Tubac, which is only about 20 miles from Nogales, Mexico, was founded in 1752. Today, it's a thriving art colony with the Tubac Presidio Historic State Park at its center. It's also home to the Tumacacori Mission. Old Town has lots of shops and galleries and outdoor merchants. There's a lot of great painting here, so I hope you'll join me.

For much more on Tubac, please visit http://www.tubacaz.com/abouttubac.asp.