Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Hampshire Workshop

Cloud Study, 8x10, oil

Yesterday, I wrapped up a four-day workshop in Goffstown, New Hampshire, for the New Hampshire Plein Air group. Although it was a warm week - one day topped out at 84 degrees - we had gorgeous, sunny weather. We even had some foliage change, which added some welcome "spice color" to this very green landscape. There's a farm nearby that I like to take the group to, and the foliage with the red barns made for some great paintings. (Above is a cloud demonstration I did, and you can see a bit of autumn in it.)

The students came from all backgrounds, from fashion designers to retired nurses to professional painters. I love this kind of mix, for we always have fascinating lunch times. I think everyone had a great time and learned a lot.

Now I'm off to Mount Desert Island to teach for the Acadia Workshop Center. I'm looking forward to this five-day workshop in Acadia National Park. Maybe we'll have some good color there, too!