Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fog and Light

Tomorrow, I'm heading out to St Andrews, NB, for my annual August workshop at Sunbury Shores Arts & Nature Centre. This is my fourth summer teaching this outdoor workshop in which we paint the St Andrews landscape. It's a quiet little resort town with a scenic public wharf, historic buildings, famous Minister's Island, Kingsbrae Gardens and more. I look forward to it.

Last night, my exhibit, "Bogs, Beaches & Boats" opened at Sunbury Shores. Trina and I hired a boat with some friends to go from Campobello Island to St Andrews for the reception. We did a trip that takes two hours by car and ferry in just under 30 minutes! We had a glorious sunset on the way home.

I don't know how much posting I'll do in the next week, so I leave you with two pieces I painted last week.

"The Fog Clears" - 9x12, oil/panel

"Salt Marsh Evening" - 6x8, oil/linen panel