Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Home Again: End of the Road Report

Yesterday, I finally arrived home on Campobello Island after two weeks on the road. It feels good to be home, even though I've got another away-from-home workshop in less than two weeks in Acadia National Park. I'll have just enough time to rest up, sort out the paperwork, and finish up the design of my new online course, Prepare for Plein Air (www.PrepareForPleinAir.com).

IAPS in Albuquerque was a whirlwind, what with all the demos, workshops, vendor shows and social events. I next went to Texas, where I taught a three-day workshop for the Pastel Society of El Paso. Because we held the workshop indoors - it was too hot for plein air - life was more relaxing. We had plenty of time for important issues that are best dealt with in the studio. My host was a professional French chef, born and raised in Paris, and she made sure that I was well-fed during my visit. (Thank you, Annette!)

After Texas, I flew to York, Maine, where I taught a two-day workshop for the York Art Association. Joining us were members of Pastel Painters of Maine. This one was plein air, and we had a great time out at the "Nubble" lighthouse (Cape Neddick) and other locations. Below are a few pictures of the workshop plus one of my 9x12 pastel demonstrations. My host for the Maine workshop is a wonderful painter in her own right and creates some beautiful landscapes of coastal Maine. If I get her permission, I'll post a few of them here. (Thanks, Eileen!)

By the way, after getting home yesterday, Trina and I immediately turned around and went back across the border with a load of paintings for the Plein Air Painters of the Bay of Fundy exhibit, which opens today in Lubec, Maine. (For more on this show, visit www.PleinAirFundy.org.) If you're in town, join us for the reception Saturday, 4-6 ET, at the Mulholland Market on Water Street. If not, the exhibit will be up until July 13.

Now, for the pictures:







"Fog at the Nubble" 9x12, pastel