Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Heading Out

I'm heading out in the morning for an extended trip, part of which is for a pastel workshop I'm teaching in Illinois. Since access to the Internet will be variable, I thought I'd leave you with the following painting -- just in the event you hear nothing else from me until Spring. (Since I'll have the laptop and camera with me, I will try to post. It's hard to believe the workshop season has already arrived!)

I did this one just before the last storm hit. The air was full of moisture, making for an excellent example of "atmospheric perspective." Things in the distance become cooler in color temperature and have less contrast and sharpness. In particular, I liked the reds in the nearest hill as they turned to violets in the more distant one.

See you in a few weeks!

"Snow at Herring Cove"
5x7, oil/panel, en plein air